Advanced Plastic Repair Training Course Content
- Health and saftety briefing.
- Introduction to plastic welding & the tools we will be using.
- Identifying plastics and understanding how they can be welded and repaired.
- What’s the difference between hot and cold welding and the advantages and disadvantages of both methods.
- Preparation of the areas to be repaired.
- We will explore typical repairs that you will encounter and I will demonstrate how to approach these using the tools on your work station to get the best results.
- You will then have the opportunity to work on your own damaged bumper, repairing cracks, holes, broken lugs and missing pieces.
- You will be shown different techniques to finish the welded repair ready for priming.
- You will again have the chance to practice these techniques on your own bumper.
I will demonstrate how to re-texture the repaired bumper with tips on how to get the best finish, so that you can do the same on your practice bumper.
I will give you an introduction to the game changing technology of UV priming and refinishing along with a demo on the techniques and the best products to use.